Internet has become one of the best media to effectively communicate to people all over the world. A website is the platform with which one is identified on the internet and it showcases the contents that are meant for the public as well as gathers information from the public that the owner will use in decision making.
The need for a website for every organization in this Information Age cannot be over emphasized. With a website people all over the world can easily see and understand what you do and how you can help them succeed, once they are connected to the internet. Thus, it’s the perfect marketing tool of our time.
HOW TO GO ABOUT SETTING UP A WEBSITE/BLOG
- The first thing to do before setting up a website/blog is to get management approval
- Set up a team that will be in charge of the website project
- Provide a domain name ( like www.yourname.com )
- Provide contents and graphics for the website ( the company profile, logo, etc)
- Contract a website design firm or employ a webmaster for the project
HOW TO MANAGE WEBSITE/BLOG
Once a website is up and running, the most important thing is updating of the site with current information as well as responding to the comments of the visitors to the website. The following procedures should be adopted in managing a website/blog:
- People that will be in charge of the website/blog should be appointed and trained
- Have a policy on writing posts and responding to comments
- Develop a promotion strategy